Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Memories 2

I'm participating today in the Blogtember posts.  Today's topic is a memory that I would love to relive.  Who doesn't want to relive  and not relive some things in their lives.  To be honest, it would take me a long time to make a list of both....but I digress.


I'm going to break the rules and talk about two.


The first one is the final Thanksgiving I spent with one of my Grandpa's and my family.  It was about 25 days before he passed away and he got to meet Ramesh for the first time.  I vividly remember sitting on the couch with him, drinking the apple cider I had just made, listening to him talk to my future husband and then showing him my brand new instrument.  He wanted to know how school was, how my music was going, what I was up to, and all about Ramesh.  At this point in time I wasn't aware that he would soon pass, and I am so glad I was able to spend these special moments with him. 




The second is the first time I was in Sri Lanka and got to see where Rams grew up.  I'd always heard his stories of his childhood and the resort he spent most of his time but seeing it was amazing.  I want to experience seeing the love of all the staff, whom he considers family, that watched him grow up.  I want to experience stepping on the beach that he played on as a child for the first time again.  I want to experience the feeling I got of finally being with him - home.










2 comments:

  1. I love these! What wonderful memories.

    Love you!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw these are such wonderful memories!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment and do read all of them! Thank you for commenting and supporting my blog!