Image Map

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dedicated to Kirby and Jennifer 4

The past two weeks have been hard.


Today my parents are saying goodbye to their dog Kirby Reed.  I want to share a short background story with you all so you can grasp the importance of this dog.

In 1998 my parent's best friends - Jan and Bill - lost their lives in a cabin fire the day before New Years Eve.  Bill and my Dad were the type of best friends that I aspire to be with my own friends.  There were amazing together!

Bill had an alias he liked to use ,"Kirby Reed".  Apparently this was someone he went to college with and he always remembered the name.  So whenever he would call my Dad  or sign a guest book it would be signed "Kirby Reed"

The spring after Jan and Bill passed there was a knock at our door.  We went to answer it and there was a little Chocolate Lab puppy with a red ribbon around it's neck sitting in a basket.  Jan and Bill's daughters had brought a new friend over to the house for my dad...it was only fitting that we named her Kirby Reed!






Kirby was an old girl that had an amazing life.  She was my Dad's hunting buddy, work buddy and his best friend.  

Here is to you Kirby Reed!

________________________________________

Last Friday one of my closets friends, Hollie, lost her Mother to cancer.  Hollie and I have known each other since we were 4 and have been friends ever since.  We were in play group together, elementary school through college and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding!  I've known her mom this long as well and she was an exceptional lady!  She fought harder than anyone possible could throughout her battle with cancer and Hollie was there for every tear and smile!




Hollie and her mom were best friends and I can't begin to  imagine what she is feeling.  
 I wish I were home so I could be there with her.



Please keep my parents, Hollie and her family in your thoughts and prayers this week!

4 comments:

  1. Two sweet stories...I am sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet stories. I am so sorry about your losses. I will keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirby Reed, I love that! What a sweet baby. My dad lost his dog who was also his hunting partner and best friend and couple of years ago. He took it pretty hard but now has a new puppy that he has fallen in love with. I'm sorry for your families loss, pets are so hard to say goodbye too. I'm also sorry to hear that your friend lost her mom to cancer. She sounds like she was such a strong lady! I will definitely keep them all in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heartbroken to hear about your losses. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family,and your friends.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment and do read all of them! Thank you for commenting and supporting my blog!