Image Map

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bursting my Bubble 7

Lately I've been excited that my blog followers have been increasing.  For some reason I keep waiting for the 100 follower mark.  After that is smooth sailing.  Yesterday I had 86...14 more to go!  


I was in my blog stats this morning and noticed something that deflated my bubble of happiness and hope...someone "unfollowed" me.  




I know what you are all thinking; who cares, it isn't that big of a deal, followers don't matter - it's the readers that matter.  And while I agree with this all of these statements, it still hurts a little bit to see your list of followers go down.

Why do people decide to unfollow your blog?  

I follow too many blogs, but I would never unfollow someone.  For starters, I wouldn't do this because I wouldn't want them to have the same reaction I did!  
What if I am interested in the post they did that day?  
What if I miss something amazing that they review or talk about?  
If I unfollow them I won't get the nice notification that they have a new post!


Have any of you ever "unfollowed" a blog?  If you have, what was your reason?  
I need some insight!


So now I have 85 followers and 15 more to go to 100!


7 comments:

  1. Aww yeah that's happened to me a couple of times. I just lie to myself and think they deleted their account :P I have unfollowed only one blog and that was because I wanted to know how to do it. I chose that one because I honestly didn't really like any of their posts. I like fashion but this was high fashion stuff that I had no use for. Their numbers were in the 1000+ so I doubt they noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've unfollowed blogs before mainly because I was only following them for a giveaway and they weren't actually blogs I was interested in. I would prefer my reader to be filled with posts for blogs I actually interact with so I don't miss anything that they post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had someone unfollow me before and it hurt a little. I was like heyyyyy yesterday I had one more follower than today! I don't like rejection. At all. But then I was like well....I am thankful for the followers that I do have, and maybe that person deleted their account. (Things I tell myself to make me feel better.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't let it get to you! blog for yourself and your readers, not just to get followers. personally, i would rather have 20 readers than 1,000 followers who don't read it. there are only so many hours in the day! chin up buttercup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had a few people unfollow me and I agree it can be a bit of a bummer...but then again I would rather have readers who really want to read my blog and get to know me. I unfollowed one blog once because the content was just getting too far from the things I like to read/align myself with. Don't be too sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People put too much value on numbers. As long as someone leaves me meaningful comments (not just "cool blog, check out mine"), I don't care if Google says that they are technically "following" me or not. Some blogs have 1,000 followers but only get 20 comments per post.

    I do unfollow blogs. Sometimes people do change/go through phases and their blog becomes something that doesn't interest me anymore (i.e. people who start posting about pregnancy/babies and nothing else). I have a husband, dogs, a job, and other hobbies, so I don't want to feel obligated to follow and comment on several blogs that don't truly interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have unfollowed several blogs back when I used to go through all of the blogs I followed to read their posts. I unfollowed them because I never read those certain blogs or I just followed them for a giveaway and I wanted my list to be organized. Now I don't unfollow anyone because I follow way too many blogs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment and do read all of them! Thank you for commenting and supporting my blog!