Image Map

Thursday, August 29, 2013

My hair confessions 9

I have a confession...brace yourselves!

I have NEVER been good at doing anything with my hair.  Honestly, I didn't even own a hair brush until 2 months ago.  I usually keep my hair pretty short, I haven't had it below my collar bone since my wedding, which was almost 7 years ago!

My normal routine is the following:

1.) Shower and wash hair
2.) Blow dry or air dry my head
3.) Pull back into a messy bun (not as pretty as you are thinking, it's more of a messy rat's nest)
       or
4.) Plug in my straightener and run the thing over the top a few times to tame the frizz.
5.) Leave for the day.
6.) Wash - rinse - repeat


Lately my hair has grown longer than it was for my wedding.  I'm diggin' it and decided to try to do something more than the usual boring do.  So I have been trying to curl my hair to make me look a bit more girly and put together.  I'm so excited to say that it has worked - see for yourself!



I've gotten more compliments on my hair in the last week than I ever had - honestly!  I have to say I'm kind of proud of myself and my ability to curl my hair.


9 comments:

  1. Aren't you just the prettiest thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so good! I have the same normal hair routine as you though...on the few days I leave it down/curl it and it looks good- everyone notices. But it is in a pony/bun 99% of the time! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair looks healthy and fabulous! whatever you do.. it works!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! i'm the same with my hair. i have a brush but have no idea where it is and haven't brushed my hair in YEARS. not kidding about that either.

    even if i dress fancy, i run out of steam after having spent so much time picking out my outfit (fashion sense isn't one of my strengths) so by the time i actually finish getting dressed, i have no energy for my hair and it usually ends up in a messy braid. i should also mention that i'm 37 and a messy braid that looks like it's better suited for a 5yo, isn't cool on an old lady. oh well.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I totally feel ya- I NEVER do anything special with my hair because I'm just too lazy and I can never seem to get any hairstyle to work when I try something new. It just falls a part haha! I need to keep on trying. Your hair looks fantastic!

    Cheers!
    Akshara
    Simply Akshara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curls always make me feel happy and a little bit more put together! And I agree with everyone - they look fantastic! :)
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  7. obviously like your web-site however you have
    to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
    A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to
    tell the truth however I'll certainly come again again.

    My blog :: best bankruptcy ,,lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
    as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?


    Also visit my web site :: comment acheter une maison Sherbrooke

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment and do read all of them! Thank you for commenting and supporting my blog!