Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Liebster Award 4

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I was nominated for my first ever Liebster Award this weekend!



 The witty,  beautiful and just plain awesome Megan from Barefoot Bluejean Princess nominated me!  Be sure to check her blog out! 

 Thanks for the nomination Megan :)

Here are 11 random facts
  • I was bit by a German Shepard when I was in preschool.  The dog bit the right side of my face and I had to have 101 stitches.
  • I think Carrie Underwood and I could be BFFs.  Really, I think we could.
  • I went to band camp for 7 years in a row in junior high and high school
  • My Dad wanted to name me Theresa
  • I have never seen a Star Wars movie
  • I have two older sisters.  One lives in WY and the other is currently residing in New Zealand
  • I was a junior high and high school Youth Leader throughout college 
  • My last name is the same as a famous Sri Lankan cricket player.  I pretend we are related  but we aren't.
  • I love water, but hate drinking it.
  • I am terrible at math.  I still use my fingers to add and subtract.
  • Christmas is my all time favorite holiday.  I could listen to Christmas music all year long, and sometimes I do.


11 Questions from Megan

What was your favorite song as a child?
This wasn't my favorite song, but just a song that brings me very fond childhood memories.  
The Waylon Jennings/Willie Nelson version of "Mamma Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys"   My dad, sisters and I would sing that at the top of our lungs whenever we heard it!


What is something you wish you were better at?
Goodness, there are so many! The biggest one that comes to mind is following through.  I have a bad habit of intending to do things like workout, clean, work my business...and then it never happens.  I think this would be one of the things my husband wishes I was better at as well!

If you could solve one world problem, what would it be and why?
Immigration is the first thing that comes my mind.  I don't want to elaborate due to the simple fact that my views on immigration are not the views of the majority.  
That is as far as I will go with this one :)

Do you have a claim to fame?
My Grandpa invented the Reversible Hydrodynamic Torque Converter - used in farming machinery and cars!
What's your favorite makeup product?
Mineral Peptide Powder by Rodan and Fields.  It is the perfect amount of coverage!
Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara

What was the last book you read?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - very good!

What TV show do you watch (or DVR) every week?
Pretty Little Liars, Nashville  RH of Beverly Hills, Vanderpump Rules, Project Runway,  The Americans, American Idol...the list is too long and a little embarrassing to be honest.

If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Breakfast food of any type...cereal, toast, pancakes, fruit. 
OR
Sri Lankan food that my husband makes, his stuff is the delicious!

If you could go back in time, what time period would you teleport yourself too?
I don't think I would go back in time if I could.  I may go back to a specific period in my life, but not back any further.  I'm good with the present!

Tell us your biggest pet peeves.
People who don't posses common courtesy (like when you go to Costco and the people leave the cart in the middle of the aisle),  people that can't be on time, the sound of chewing, dirty kitchen sinks, irresponsible pet owners, people talking/texting while walking and not watching where they are going...I mean really people?! 

What is the wallpaper on your computer?
A picture of my adorable nephew and two nieces with myself over Christmas.



My 11 random questions

Who is your favorite artist or band?
What is your dream job?
If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why?
What is your worst habit?
What is the first thing you do in the morning - other than wake up and such?
What is something you are most proud of?
Why did you start blogging?
What is your favorite clothing store?
Do you have a bucket list?  If so, tell us what is on it.
What is your favorite outdoor activity and why?
Dogs or cats?


Here are the rules if you choose to participate.
RULES
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Write 11 facts about yourself once nominated.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers.
5. Create 11 Questions for those bloggers to answer.

Have fun ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Yayyy! I'm gonna do this post tomorrow since tuesday topics is today :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit it. I listen to Christmas music all year round. Not every day, but at least once a week I turn it on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that one of your sisters lives in New Zealand! My husband is dying to go there! Not lying: When I opened up our laptop today there were bout 5 windows he had left open about buying a home in New Zealand, moving our pets there, and finding a job there! Does your sister like it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that you had 101 stitches from the dog bite! That sounds HORRIBLE!!! And I am glad to know that I am not the only person who is awful at math and still counts on their fingers (not that good for me since I am a teacher, but thank goodness I don't teach math ;) haha!)

    Congrats on your award! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment and do read all of them! Thank you for commenting and supporting my blog!