Image Map

Monday, March 18, 2013

What a way to start my week! 5

Well, I'm back from my two day hiatus and hoping to find all of you having had a fantastic weekend! 

First and foremost I am following the crowd and switching over to Bloglovin!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin please!
Make sure you hit the link and start following me there please!

 Now back to it!  My lay off came as a bit of a surprise and not at a great time as Rams and I have been trying to sign some contracts to redo our backyard...pool and all.  So needless to say Wednesday through Sunday I was applying for jobs non-stop...non-stop enough that I didn't even write my daily posts!

Since all I've been doing is job hunting, I have no fun weekend updates to share with you all.  So instead of linking up with weekend shenanigans I'm going to share with you a recipe I found on Pinterest that I made last night for dinner.


I made an incredibly CLEAN recipe to start the week off on the right foot!  Now, I can't take credit for this...it is all The Pioneer Woman.

The name of the recipe is the Asian Noodle Salad.  I've made it how she recommends a few times, but now I take out some ingredients 
(noodles), and add some of my own.

Here is what you need:

Salad portion:
Any type of fresh veggies you want.  I use the following
- bell peppers (green, red, yellow and orange)
- purple cabbage
- Napa cabbage
- carrots
- green onions
- ginger
- garlic
- cilantro
- lime

Dressing Ingredients:
-Olive Oil
-Sesame Oil
-Soy Sauce
-juice of a fresh lime
-ginger
-garlic
-brown sugar
-serrano pepper (optional)

What Rams and I have added to ours:
- avocado
- green apple
- grilled chicken for protein





First thing you do is cut up all of the veggies.  
I slice julienne the bell peppers, chop the green onion.
Mince the ginger and garlic.
 Roughly chop the avocado, cabbage and cilantro.  

For the veggies, there isn't really a specific amount, just do as much as you'd like!





The dressing is as follows:
Mix all the ingredients below in a bowl or jar - I used a mason jar!

- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice of one lime - I put a little extra
- 3 heaping tablespoons of freshly diced ginger - DO NOT forget the ginger...it makes the dressing!
- 2 garlic gloves diced
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- chopped serrano pepper - a pinch or more if desired
- chopped cilantro - only do this if you are going to use all of the dressing right away, otherwise it will get icky in the dressing


Once all the prep is done grab a bowl and fill it up.  It is DELICIOUS and extremely healthy!  Rams and I will eat this for lunches or dinners - whatever floats our boat.  Here is the finished product!




Now if that doesn't look good to you all...you are nuts!

Hope you all give it a try and tell me what you think.  Until tomorrow...


5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your job-search goes well...I am currently doing the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds so delicious!! I'm always looking for new veggie-filled, super clean recipes, and this seems right up my alley! :)

    Best of luck with the job search! I'm sure it sucks at the moment, but (insert cliche alert) everything does happen for a reason, even if sometimes it takes a while to find out what that reason is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that salad looks delish! I never think about making salads like that but this one I might have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish so bad that I loved veggies, but I don't. A lettuce and spinach salad with grilled chicken is about as much as I'll do. The salad looks pretty though and I wish I would eat that instead of a cheeseburger! lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment and do read all of them! Thank you for commenting and supporting my blog!